Start a Student Club
Starting a new club is easier than you may think. Come visit the ASWC office in Shaw and we can walk you through the process. Once you've created your group, ASWC is here to help with advertising and have applications available for funding opportunities.
What to Expect:
- Complete the Club Proposal & Constitution Form.
- Email this form to the ASWC President of the Inter-Club Council.
- Club forms will be evaluated by the ASWC Judicial Council (Jud-Co). Jud-Co will make sure that your club is inclusive and does not clash with the constitution of the Associated Students of Westminster College. If your forms do not pass, the Chief Justice of ASWC will contact you with recommendations for changes.
- Once approved by Jud-Co, proposed club forms will be reviewed by select faculty and administrators of Westminster College to ensure the constitution is in line with the mission and vision of the College. If they are not approved these individuals will contact you and make recommendations for changes.
- Next, Jud-Co will make recommendations to the Senate on the status of your club.
- If your club is approved, you can formally request to receive a budget of up to $200 to be spent in accordance with ASWC Financial Code policies. Contact the ASWC Director of Budget & Finance for more information on this process.